93 people from Italian companies registered, 3 Public Authorities representative speeches, both from the Research and the Industry Ministers, 2 Italian Regions (Piemonte and Emilia-Romagna) active in the debate: these are the numbers of the National day of ECSEL Mirror Group Italy 2017 (4th May, Bologna), the reference forum for the Italian community to increase the awareness of the potential of the ECSEL program among Small Industry representatives in Italy, and to introduce the activity of ECSEL Mirror Group Italy.
The event achieved a participation larger than expected. The round table was very animated and focused on one side on the bureaucratic problems that are hindering the participation of SMEs in the project, and on the other side on the perspective opened by the regional participation and the use of ERDF funds for supporting Italian partners, even if this implies no funding by the JU.
The ECSEL Joint Technology Initiative is a Public-Private Partnerships started by the European Commission in the frame of the Horizon2020 programme that has the objective to fund research, development and innovation projects in the fields of Nanoelectronics, Cyber-Physical Systems and Smart Systems.
• ECSEL Symposium in Malta on 13-14 June.
• Meeting of Società Italiana di Elettronica in Palermo on 21-23 June.
• AEIT annual conference in Cagliari on 20-22 September.
• EPoSS Annual Forum 2017 in Graz on 19-20 October.
• EFECS: European Forum for Electronics Components and Systems in Brussels on 5-7 December.